Moshiki brand accessories and clothing embody the fun and joy of our young, passionate designers. Colorful and innovative, we translate ideas and gorgeous materials into unique personal statements at affordable prices.
For us, Fair Trade is not just a buzz word – we live it. We work in close collaboration with all of our suppliers. And we know exactly who works for us.
Our craftspeople and artisans use their talents and passion for their craft and natural materials to translate our designs into wonderful products. They are very committed and love what they do. The outcome is fashionable, well-made products that provide lots of fun for everyone – but most of all for you, our customer.
Our products are produced in Asia based on rather simple but nonetheless valuable principles: fairness, responsibility, adequate pay, no child work.
From market to trend – this is how it all started: On his countless trips through Asia, Moshe Nasav, the founder of our label, was inspired by the traditional clothing sold at local markets in Nepal and Thailand. He started selling these beautiful garments at European music festivals and in major street markets.
Very soon the idea was born to take the individual pieces, develop them further, change some details, colors, fabrics – in short, create our own unique designs. Today, this initial idea goes by the name of Moshiki and has developed into the unique and imaginative label for skirts, knitwear and more.
Since 1999, headquartered in Ismaning, Germany, a small town just north of Munich, Moshiki continues to grow and add new designs and products to our collections.
Moshiki sells through a professional distribution network and to selected retail stores. We are proud of where we've come from and where we are today. But the road continues and we will continue our journey – with lots of fun guaranteed.
ABOUT HOT COOKIES SKIRTS
Hot Cookies are Moshiki’s best selling snap/wrap skirts that come in a wide variety of different fabrics and styles. For the best selection, be sure to visit your local store!
Styles: Hot Cookies vary from the very simple Bread to more elaborate styles such as Almond Roll that has removable pockets and more complex embellishments. Different features include:
- Reversible: Many styles are reversible giving you two separate looks from one skirt
- Pocket: Many styles have pockets – some are fixed and some are removable. Removable pockets that are also reversible include hardware on both sides so the pocket can be attached to the reverse side
- Snaps: Styles with a double row of snaps tend to look best when worn lower on the body – at the hips. Styles with a single row of snaps can be worn either low at the hips or higher at the natural waist. The type of snaps vary with different skirt styles from standard stainless steel, brass, colored or pearl snaps.
- Silhouette: Some styles have a very straight silhouette such as the Butter while other styles – like the Souffle – have a full shape.
- Embellishment: Some styles have minimal or no extra embellishment while others have things such as:
- Ruching: By pulling the cord on the Marzipan, you can create a rushing effect
- Bottom trim: Chapati includes fun ribbons near the hem
- Pocket details: Apple Mousse has a layered angle detail on the pocket
- Ruffles: Almond Roll has a row of ruffles at the bottom
- Lace details: Butter includes lace trim
- Panels: Breaking up the fabric into panels on styles such as Donut create a slimming effect
Fabrics: Hot Cookies are made from lightweight cotton fabrics:
- solid colored dobby (also called "c" fabric)
- a blend of 65% cotton/35% polyester for the Truffle Forest and Truffle Cacao styles
Special Hot Cookies are made for the winter season that combine the cotton fabrics with fun corduroy, wool blend tweed or a gorgeous blend of recycled materials called Blazzer (65% recycled wool/35% mix of cotton, polyacrylic, polyester and nylon).
Sizing: Hot Cookies are designed to be “one size fits most” through their ingenious system of snaps.
- Most Hot Cookies fit approximately size 2 – 14.
- The XL size is made with more fabric and fits approximately size 10 – 18.
- Two styles – Honey Slim and Mini Choko – are made for smaller women approximately size 0 – 6 or teen agers. They are not intended for children under the age of 12.
NORTH AMERICAN SALES
For sales and inquires in North America, please contact:
Bridget Faricy of Portal Distribution, Inc.
Customers outside of North America can visit www.moshikishop.com to purchase Moshiki products.
FAIRNESS, MADE WITH LOVE